Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I heard back from my contact!

When I visited the Botanica Yoruba for the first time, I met Beatriz, a sophomore at Hialeah High School. I told her I wanted to learn more about Santeria, a religion she got involved in recently. She had to leave the botanica, but we exchanged numbers and e-mails. I sent her an e-mail and I just heard back! The great news is that she's going to contact her madrina (god mother) to see if she can get me in contact with a babalawo who can "read the shells." It's kind of like having someone read your cards or your palm, which is something I've always wanted to do. I'm just a little scared of what he might see. What if I'm not prepared to hear it? 


I will also be visiting the botanica either on Wednesday or Thursday morning, so I'll keep you guys posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment